2023 Summit Rates
Raise your Voice! Recover OUT LOUD.
We're back! Welcome to the annual NARR Best Practices Summit! This year we're in beautiful Dearborn, Michigan at The Henry Hotel, and we have a whole lineup of amazing speakers ready to share their knowledge with you!
This year's theme, Recovery Out Loud, explores how we can expand access to recovery housing and reduce stigma by sharing our recovery journeys. We look forward to hearing your stories, and how they've guided your advocacy, services, and research in the recovery community. Your story has the power to change the world.
What you can expect from this year's summit:
- More networking time, more workshops, and more topics that YOU need to be a recovery housing champion!
- Guided conversations to learn from your fellow attendees while building strategies to tackle the challenges facing recovery housing across the country.
- A diverse array of speakers with lived experience across the recovery support services sector.
We believe the knowledge we share is important, as is your safety during this pandemic. We have a flexible cancellation policy, should your situation change. Your safety is our top priority. Please read the Cancellation Policy below or check out our FAQ for additional information.
Rates & Further Information
Note: All registrations are for in-person attendance only.
Early Bird Rates:
Early-bird pricing is available until August 12.
Affiliate: $600 after August 12
Public: $650 after August 12
- Affiliate members include anyone who works at a NARR State Affiliate organization or whose recovery residence is certified by their State Affiliate.
- Registration price includes:
- Access to all three days of programming and afterhours events
- Breakfast & lunch daily, plus full tea & coffee service. See below for a complete menu.
- Invitation to our Welcome Reception where you can network, grab some appetizers, and enjoy a short performance from musicians in recovery.
- Discounted stay at the Henry while supplies last. See below for room rates.
- These prices do NOT include travel or lodging. Each In-Person registrant is responsible for arranging these. See the hotel section below for details.
- Please note space is limited. Registration & hotel room availability is on a first come, first served basis.
Should we reach capacity, you can sign up for our waitlist to be notified automatically when a spot opens. The registration page will have a notification when we've reached capacity.
Register early to reserve your in-person seat and receive a full refund should you need to cancel prior to August 18th.
Cancellations will be refunded 50% if canceling between August 18th and September 15th.
There will be no refunds for any cancellation made after September 15th.
Reminder: Cancellation of your summit registration DOES NOT cancel your room reservation. If you need to cancel your registration, be sure to also contact your hotel, as these purchases are exclusive of one another. You are solely responsible for updating your registration and hotel booking.
Get your NADAAC-Approved CEs!
Note: Not all licenses or other credentials will accept NADAAC-approved credits for Continuing Education. You'll need to verify with your licensing body to determine if you can count NARR Summit sessions toward your CE requirements.
CEs for qualifying sessions will be available to attendees for an additional processing fee of $75.
The Agenda will note which sessions qualify, and the applicable Counselor Skill Group, so you can find the content and credits you need. You can even build your own schedule with our Session Picker feature during or after registration to plan which presentations to attend! Update your session picks any time by signing in and editing your registration.
You are responsible for adhering to all requirements and deadlines to receive CEs. NARR does not guarantee CEs for any given session. Full instructions will be provided after registering in lead-up to the event.
By selecting the option to obtain CEs at the 2023 NARR Best Practices Summit, you agree to the following policy:
- You agree to pay a processing fee of $75 for the privilege of obtaining CEs. The Cancellation & Refund Policy for general registration will apply.
- You are solely responsible for adhering to all requirements and deadlines in order to receive CEs. NARR does not guarantee CEs for any given session.
- To obtain CEs you must complete all of the following:
- Scan-in with your badge via one of our volunteers for each session. Scans will be taken 15-30 minutes before and within 10 minutes of the start of a session. No scans will be counted towards CE requirements if taken after the 10-minute cutoff. You will receive instructions prior to the summit on how to scan your badge.
- Complete a Feedback Survey for each session. Surveys will be sent to attendees at the end of each day and must be submitted before October 19th, 2023, to receive credit.
- Answer 2 out of 3 Knowledge Questions correctly in each session's Feedback Survey. You will be notified immediately by the survey if you failed to answer two or more questions correctly. Any session survey with less than 2 correct answers cannot be counted for CEs.
- Attendees may only obtain a number of CEs per day equal to the credit-hours attended; you cannot receive credit for sessions happening concurrently. If multiple scans are taken before the 10-minute cutoff, you may still receive credit for the session attended in full as long as you complete its survey. You may only submit one survey per session block. If multiple surveys are submitted for the same timeslot, you will receive no credit for that block.
- It is your responsibility to track which sessions you attend and submit surveys accordingly. We recommend utilizing the Session Picker feature in your registration to plan your summit schedule. To view the Session Picker, finalize your registration, login, and navigate to the Register Page again. A new page will appear in the registration steps.
- You will receive a certificate totaling all credits earned over the course of the 3-day summit no later than November 11, 2023. Included with the certificate will be an Attendance Summary noting which sessions were successfully completed. Use this summary if you require proof of participation for a specific session. Should you need another copy of your certificate, you must submit a request before October 1, 2024. NARR will not resend copies of certificates after this date.
- It is your responsibility to contact NARR with any questions or concerns regarding credits within 30 days of receiving your certificate. NARR will review credit-awarding on a case-by-case basis depending upon the nature of the request. No review will be granted if a scan and survey are not on file for the session in question. NARR will not reevaluate credits after December 11, 2023.
- By opting to receive CEs, you agree to all terms and conditions outlined here and any additional instructions communicated to you prior to the 2023 NARR Summit. You understand that CEs are not guaranteed for any session without the completion of all requirements.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- Speakers may not obtain CEs for a session they present.
- You may not obtain CEs for watching recorded sessions. CEs are only eligible for sessions attended live and in-person.
- Not all sessions are eligible for CEs based on the nature of the content. The Agenda notes which sessions are CE-eligible. It is your responsibility to note which sessions you wish to attend and whether you can receive credit for them. We recommend using the Session Picker to plan your schedule in advance.
The Henry, Autograph Collection
Reminder-- an In-Person Registration does NOT include hotel costs or guarantee you a room.
NARR Group Rate is available while supplies last. September 16 is the last day to use the special rate. So don't wait to register and book!
A LUXURIOUSLY ARTFUL HOTEL IN DEARBORN, MI
"Named in honor of the United States veteran Henry Dearborn, The Henry possesses a spirit of independence that is reinventing the art of hospitality for the sophisticated modern traveler. Graced with contemporary art on nearly every elegantly paneled wall, the luxurious interior design is punctuated with dazzling chandeliers and boldly imagined color accents. Our lobby, restaurant, and art gallery set a new standard for Dearborn, MI hotels in creating a vibrant atmosphere of modern luxury which extends to our attentive service, stylish accommodations, and contemporary lifestyle amenities."
The Henry, Autograph Collection offers modern character and comfort to our annual summit. Attendees will receive a discounted rate through our hotel room block while supplies last. You must register for the In-Person Summit before you can access the link/instructions to book a room with The Henry.
We highly recommend booking your room right away as space is limited!
Cut-off for discounted rate is September 16.
Rates apply by the night. When booking through our discounted room block, the following prices apply:
Rate per Night
1 King Bed, Full Service
2 Double Beds, Full Service
Hotel room rates include applicable state and local taxes (currently 14%). Total daily room rate including tax is approximately $219 per day.
Parking at The Henry
Please note pricing is subject to change.
Self-parking is provided at no additional charge for guests of the hotel.
We've included the full menu of our buffet options here for you to plan your meals accordingly. Your registration comes with free breakfast and lunch for the full event, as well as our Welcome Reception's appetizers. See the Registration Form for more on accommodating dietary restrictions.
If you're attending our Affiliate Forum pre-event, please login to your registration then navigate back to this page to view Sunday's meal options.
Monday, October 9
Tuesday, October 10
Wednesday, October 11
Evening Reception: Hors D'oeuvres
Please make your own arrangements.
Please make your own arrangements.